Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery and four days following surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home. We recommend someone stay with the patient the rest of the day.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience or while taking the narcotic pain medication.
- Please wear loose-fitting clothing with short sleeves and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, perfume, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a fever, cold, sore throat, stomach, or bowel upset, please notify the office immediately.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Bell prior to your surgical date for instructions.
- Do not take aspirin, aspirin-containing medications, Vitamin E, herbal supplements, or NSAIDS for seven days prior to the procedure.
We Are Here to Help!
Contact us with any questions or to schedule an appointment to reclaim your smile today!